The Coffee House, but for Tea!

I'd heard great things about 'The Coffee House' it had remained off my radar as it's so sneakily hidden!


'It's on the same alley as Cucamaras' I had been told, this was not helpful as I think the only time i've visited Cucamaras I was decidedly worse for wear. 

We found the little alley after being accosted by a scary looking pitbull terrier and subsequently apologised to by a lovely but very pierced and tatooed gent! It felt like being in the lanes in Brighton, or the backstreets of Brussels, a far cry from Nottingham's usual roads and side streets. 

The place looked as cute as the pictures on it's website, with blackboards outside I knew this was somewhere I was going to like. 




We sat down, with only 3 tables downstairs there was a whimsical little sign saying we might have to make new friends as our table seated 4 (annoyed I didn't take a little photo!)

We were served quickly by a very friendly man. He offered only two types of normal cake and two types of gluten free but these both sounded like excellent choices. I wondered whether this was because it was a Thursday and they were running out, all the more reason to return I say!




I had a fabulous gluten free chocolate cake. I know I always like my cake, but this was exceptional! It had little chocolate chips in and I definitely could barely tell it was gluten free




P had a caramel cake which she said was delicious, and it sure was a generous serving too. 

We shared a pot of tea, just english breakfast. The tea selection was vast and all was loose leaf. So many different types of coffees from all around the world as well. It was a shame not to be able to try them all! Maybe next time

Definitely give this one a try, just be warned it's very cosy and hopefully is quite busy on the weekend. It deserves to be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment